Wednesday, April 29, 2009

London, England

Here are some pictures from our first day in London. We walked around the corner from our hotel and there was Westminster Abby and Big Ben. We did your normal sightseeing and hit up Parliment and Buckingham Palace to see the changing of the guards. For lunch I made Grant go to my personal favorite, Harrods. Little did I know however that Grant wanted to walk around every level (there are 7) of the massive place. He even found his very own "Johnson's" fresh squeezed orange juice. Lastly we went to the Science Museum. We were greeted by an actual set used for Wallace and Gromet (only my mom will appreciate that picture). It was a good, but tiring day. In the evening we saw Les Miserables, which was an excellent ending to our day.


We landed safely in London and are exploring the city today. Unfortunately we do not have immediate access to the internet, so we cannot update this blog with pictures for a few days. Hopefully we will have access when we arrive in Oxford on Friday.
Love you all. -Grant and Ahn


!UPDATE!
Had a blast in London. Heading to Oxford tomorrow and will have a tour right when we get there of the places that Lewis and Tolkien hung out. We'll also be hitting up the Rose Cafe Bec! More to come when the internet is not so expensive. Love to you all.
PS. the updates are primarily for our parents.

5 comments:

  1. Have a great time in Oxford make sure you go to the Eagle and Child and have a pint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad is using my name in vain. We have homegroup here tonight and they all say hi and love your pictures. Dad got my name on there, but I think it'll be pretty easy to tell when HE'S the one talking. Look for Tolkein C.S. at the Eagle and Child in the side room. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am using Jule's name in vain.
    Please eat some true cadbury chocolate for me!! (that's the best I could come up with for London/england...haha but I'm totally totally serious)

    Love you, sccaarr

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. love you mom, dad, and manda. we are getting a tour of all the lewis and tolkien hot spots in oxford tomorrow thanks to a jerry root connection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "PS the updates are primarily for our parents"

    What am I, chopped liver?? Who loaned you your luggage?! :)

    I LOVED Oxford. Hope you love it too - I saw Lewis' church, his pew, his grave, Tolkein's house, Eagle & Child, the pulpit where he preached Weight of Glory sermon, the college he taught at, etc. GOOD TIMES.

    How ARE my luggage and backpack, by the way?

    ReplyDelete